Today, we’re covering our most frequently asked question: “How do I get one of my clients to give me a video testimonial?”
Featuring video testimonials from your best clients is critical to growing your business. According to BigCommerce, consumers who interact with testimonials are 58% more likely to buy.
Here are our top three tips to get video testimonials:
- Ask when value recognition is high
- Your clients are most likely to give a testimonial when they’re happiest and realize the full value of your solution. We recommend asking them for testimonials just after making a purchase, after giving a high rating / review / NPS score, and after reaching key milestones using your solution.
- Ask for testimonials as part of an exchange in value
- If a potential customer asks for a discount or you’re negotiating on price, require a testimonial as part of the exchange. This helps reaffirm the value they see in your solution while generating valuable content.
- Make it as easy as possible
- Allow your customers to record themselves, give them examples for what great testimonials look like, and even upgrade their webcam as a “thank you” for their time. Not only will you get more and better testimonial videos, but you’ll capture a video with higher production value.
By following these three steps, you’ll be able to collect video testimonials to generate more leads and convert customers faster.